Thursday, April 5, 2007

BAD ENGLISH..!!

There is this deep, dark, terrible secret of mine. In spite of the fact that I write so much(like blogs and in communities and i have even attempted writing books !), I don't know a verb from an adverb and a noun from a pronoun (poor mr.Gregory, he tried so much to teach me, hmmm...actually he did'nt). The past tense and past continuous tense sound fancy enough but make no sense to me. I get by though because I know when a sentence sounds right and when it dosen't.

The world's largest selling word processing software can't do that. Punch these stupid lines into MS Word and see for yourself.

"I want to marketer. I market good. You know what mean I? Internets help me marketing. Internets make good brand best like Coca-Cola. Bill Gates is been my Idol. Gates do good marketing in Microsoft. Gates do good marketing jobs out Microsoft. The Gates is leader of big company in Washington. Gates keeping Gates open for Gates. Warren buffet do awesome job in marketing. Buffets eat buffets in Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkatta, and in India."

Now run a spell and grammar check. The software reckons this is perfect English. And I am the King of England!

6 comments:

Francis Thomas said...

i am astonished at the depth of your imagination.

Unknown said...

OMG.. I'm sooo glad you sent me the link to your blog! Yay... I'm not the only one! Hell... I don't know a thing about prepositions, adverbs..and all those other thingies (er.. I don't know what they're called.. conjunctions sounds familiar though) but I can sense when a sentence is grammatically wrong! Wooohoooo... we rock!! :p

IDIOT!! said...

well very good

MU RAZR said...

well very good ??? i cant blive that its all u can say!!!

Florence R. said...

I'd agree that you were the King of England after you go say those same lines in public schools and get away with it. =D

Murtaza Sariya said...

@flo

[:D]

well, just for the info...

i discovered mr.word's disability wen i was typing out my book.